Mobile menu

batch conversion ttx > bilingual RTF
Thread poster: aiaccio

aiaccio  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:44
English to Italian
Mar 6, 2009

A while ago I remember I found a tool to perform batch conversion of TTX files into bilingual RTF but I cannot find it anymore and it is also gone from my pc after my hd was damaged beyond repair.

Apart from Ttxpress that will do the job for single files, is there any other tool/macro able to use for this batch conversion?

thanks a lot for your help

Direct link Reply with quote
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:44
English to Polish
Link to the tool Mar 6, 2009

Here you are:

aiaccio  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:44
English to Italian
thanks Mar 8, 2009

Thanks, this seems to work just fine; I have noticed, however, that converting from ttx into bilingual rtf will replace the times new roman font of the original document with a standard arial font; tweaking the tm settings can avoid this for the "target" part of the document forcing all fonts in the source to be rendered as i.e. times new roman, but I was wondering why the fonts in the original document are not preserved by default when using tageditor!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

batch conversion ttx > bilingual RTF

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs