batch conversion ttx > bilingual RTF
Thread poster: aiaccio
aiaccio
aiaccio  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:28
English to Italian
Mar 6, 2009

Hi,

A while ago I remember I found a tool to perform batch conversion of TTX files into bilingual RTF but I cannot find it anymore and it is also gone from my pc after my hd was damaged beyond repair.

Apart from Ttxpress that will do the job for single files, is there any other tool/macro able to use for this batch conversion?

thanks a lot for your help
Anto

Piotr Zięba
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:28
Member (2012)
English to Polish
Link to the tool Mar 6, 2009

Here you are:
http://www.ecm-e.de/cm_en/downloads.php?cat_id=3

aiaccio
aiaccio  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:28
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 8, 2009

Thanks, this seems to work just fine; I have noticed, however, that converting from ttx into bilingual rtf will replace the times new roman font of the original document with a standard arial font; tweaking the tm settings can avoid this for the "target" part of the document forcing all fonts in the source to be rendered as i.e. times new roman, but I was wondering why the fonts in the original document are not preserved by default when using tageditor!

cheers
Antonella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

batch conversion ttx > bilingual RTF

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »