complaint for service failures
Thread poster: Restituta Castiello
Restituta Castiello
Restituta Castiello
Local time: 11:50
English to Italian
Feb 6, 2002

I continue bidding and I conntinue not being noticed with e-mails for closed biddings.

More, this afternoon the system continuously returned error pages and bidding was so slow. Will server updates last still long?
[addsig]

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Didn't you see this note? Feb 6, 2002

It is perfectly visible.

ProZ.com is currently experiencing technical difficulties as a result of increased traffic. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. We will be installing new hardware over the next few weeks, and there may be periods when service is interrupted. We ask for your continued patience as we work to improve ProZ.com.

ProZ.com Staff

END OF QUOTE

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
BE PATIENT! Feb 7, 2002

Be patient and read carefully first of all all the ProZ.com web page.
[addsig]

Kate Persson
Kate Persson
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Patience? Feb 7, 2002

To my best of knowledge, the service has to nothing to do with IT-problems. Even though I\'m a Premium member, I never get any notifications at all on neither relevant jobs or anything else. Nobody at proz are giving any answers to my questions. Oh, yes once I got one: \"I couldn\'t reply, as I didn\'thave your e-mail address.\"

\"Ever heard of the reply-function or tried to read it at the bottom of my mail?\" To this a got very unkind answer \"I\'ve sent e-mails for 17 yea
... See more
To my best of knowledge, the service has to nothing to do with IT-problems. Even though I\'m a Premium member, I never get any notifications at all on neither relevant jobs or anything else. Nobody at proz are giving any answers to my questions. Oh, yes once I got one: \"I couldn\'t reply, as I didn\'thave your e-mail address.\"

\"Ever heard of the reply-function or tried to read it at the bottom of my mail?\" To this a got very unkind answer \"I\'ve sent e-mails for 17 years, don\'t you...\"

Maybe somebody should learn about CRM at Proz.

[addsig]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:50
SITE FOUNDER
Are you sure? Feb 7, 2002

Kate,

No one at ProZ.com has been using email for 17 years, and no one would answer with the tone that you suggest was taken.I wonder if you have confused ProZ.com with another service.

Your lack of email notifications may be related to your settings, which call only for notification of Dutch to Spanish jobs, Dutch to German jobs, and \'easy\' KudoZ questions in English to Dutch. We have not had email notification problems for several weeks. If you have
... See more
Kate,

No one at ProZ.com has been using email for 17 years, and no one would answer with the tone that you suggest was taken.I wonder if you have confused ProZ.com with another service.

Your lack of email notifications may be related to your settings, which call only for notification of Dutch to Spanish jobs, Dutch to German jobs, and \'easy\' KudoZ questions in English to Dutch. We have not had email notification problems for several weeks. If you have specific questions, please use the \'support requests\' option in the menu bar.

Henry
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

complaint for service failures

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »