Trados error message '-2147417851 The server threw an exception'
Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:00
Swedish to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2009

When attempting to clean up a Word file, I receive the message '-2147417851 The server threw an exception'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am using Word 2003 and Trados 6.5 Freelance.

Steve

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-03 13:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 23:00
German
+ ...
Solution Apr 3, 2009

Yes, that sometimes happens with certain files. Just save the file as RTF and try cleaning that. Let us know if it worked for you - there are other things you can try if it doesn't.

HTH,

Benjamin

Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Cleanup error Apr 3, 2009

Hi Steve,

If you have already uploaded the translation into the TM, you can run the tw4winClean.Main macro. In Word 2003, go to Tools > Macro > Macros, search tw4winClean.Main and press Run. This will clean up the file but will not update the TM.

I hope this helps you.

Oscar

Keneva Kunz
Local time: 21:00
Icelandic to English
Fixing the "server threw an exception 2147417851" problem? May 29, 2009

I have had this message repeatedly from the TM now and have circumvented it by saving files as RTF and then cleaning them. But can anyone tell me how to fix the problem permanently?

Thanks

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Permanent solution May 29, 2009

To get rid of this problem for good, use TagEditor to translate your Word documents (requires Trados 7.1 or higher.)

HTH,

Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error message '-2147417851 The server threw an exception'

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs