Trados TM maintenance: How can I search and change * (asterisk)?
Thread poster: mayis
mayis
mayis
Türkiye
Local time: 14:05
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 27, 2003

Hi all,

I am using Trados 5.5 Freelance. When I am doing a maintenence at Workbench I am trying to do a search for the special character * (asterisk) or "tab". Is this possible? Thx.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:05
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Export > Edit > Import Aug 27, 2003

mayis wrote:
Hi all,
I am using Trados 5.5 Freelance. When I am doing a maintenence at Workbench I am trying to do a search for the special character * (asterisk) or "tab". Is this possible? Thx.

I find always very difficult to edit the TMs content using the Maintenance option. It is too restrictive, slow and I miss the general view of the file looking at it through that small window.

You may find easier to export your TM in a txt file, edit at will using a proper editor, Word or your preferred text editor, and then recreate the memory importing the edited file.
Using this method you can even search/replace asterisks and special characters (such as 'tab').

Gianfranco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados TM maintenance: How can I search and change * (asterisk)?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »