https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/13635-spell_checking_in_tageditor.html

Spell checking in TagEditor
Thread poster: Eva Gerkrath
Eva Gerkrath
Eva Gerkrath  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:53
English to German
+ ...
Aug 27, 2003

Hi!

I can't do any spell checking in TagEditor (Trados Freelance 3). The option Check Spelling in not active. According to the help there should be a Spelling tab under Tools > Options. There isn't! Any suggestions?

Eva

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Have you activated the plugin? Aug 27, 2003

Hi Eva,
Go to Tools - Plug-ins and check if the "Spelling Checker" plug-in is activated.

HTH - Ralf

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:53
Japanese to French
If I remember... Aug 27, 2003

... one solution was to open Word, to select the correct language for spell checking in Word's options, THEN to open Tag Editor. By doing so the spell checking option was activated in Tag Editor.

HTH

Alain

Eva Gerkrath
Eva Gerkrath  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Plug-in, that was it! Aug 27, 2003

[quote]Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Eva,
Go to Tools - Plug-ins and check if the "Spelling Checker" plug-in is activated.

Oops, that was it. I had checked before and thought it was activated. Must have had my glasses on backward.

Thanks,
Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checking in TagEditor

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »