Tag Editor shuts down
Thread poster: Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton
United States
Local time: 00:45
German to English
Oct 8, 2003

I posted this to the Yahoo support forum and received no response. I hope someone here has an answer ...
I recently had a series of short files that I assume had been XTranslated, with additional text in the source language. When I
encountered a series of new segments in the source language, using ALT+
(or the related button on the toolbar) would sometimes terminate TagEditor. In addition, just using Set/Close would also close the
program from time to time, as would a misspelled word (when the spellcheck was set to check each segment when closing). I had to save the document every time I used Set/Close to avoid losing my work. The crazy thing is that even if I saved the document, it wouldn't appear on the list of recently opened files if the program terminated suddenly.

I anticipate getting more files like this and would hate to repeat the hassle I had last week.

I have TagEditor 6...309, XP Home, P4, 1 GB RAM.

Any ideas as to why this happens, and what I can do to prevent this?
Thanks, Kevin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor shuts down

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs