https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/14870-trados_tageditor_cleanup_of_indesign_document.html

Trados TagEditor cleanup of Indesign document
Thread poster: Henry Schroeder
Henry Schroeder
Henry Schroeder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:59
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2003

After verifying my tags, when I try to clean up my bilingual Trados TagEditor text, I get verification of a cleaned document but I always still have a bilingual one. Moreover, and I guess of course, when I try to import it, some serious error always occurs at the end and Indesign shuts down.

The only thing I can think of is that I have done something wrong with the tags. I am not a very experienced trados tageditor user, so this might be the problem. In the process of translati
... See more
After verifying my tags, when I try to clean up my bilingual Trados TagEditor text, I get verification of a cleaned document but I always still have a bilingual one. Moreover, and I guess of course, when I try to import it, some serious error always occurs at the end and Indesign shuts down.

The only thing I can think of is that I have done something wrong with the tags. I am not a very experienced trados tageditor user, so this might be the problem. In the process of translating, all internal tags, that is all tags which appear embedded within the German text I have copied to the segment with the English translation. Is this correct? Obviously tags which do not appear embedded in the sentence to be translated are not included.

After a couple more hours of work, I am curious. Is it possible that an indesign document has too many stories or too many tags to be reimported. I have compared a much shorter file from last week with this huge one by opening the indesign file, exporting it and reimporting the isc file that has just been exported (that is, the same file). This works with the small file but not with the large; errors emerge with the large one and ultimately the import fails.

Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know anything about it. Thanks a lot.

[Edited at 2003-10-10 12:48]
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 04:59
German to English
+ ...
Indesign Oct 10, 2003

Hallo,

Bei Indesign gibts ein paar Problem mit Inhaltsverzeichnissen swoeit ich weiss.

Ich glaube auf den Trados Seiten gibts auch eine Info darüber ggf. mal den Support anfragen und auf jeden Fall die aktuellen Patches downloaden.

Hinsichtlich der Arbeit mit dem TagEditor empfiehlt es sich auf jeden Fall den Tagschutz einzuschalten und im TagEditor auch eine Prfüuing der Tags durchzuführen. (Hierzu das Plugin aktivieren).

Die Target Datei k
... See more
Hallo,

Bei Indesign gibts ein paar Problem mit Inhaltsverzeichnissen swoeit ich weiss.

Ich glaube auf den Trados Seiten gibts auch eine Info darüber ggf. mal den Support anfragen und auf jeden Fall die aktuellen Patches downloaden.

Hinsichtlich der Arbeit mit dem TagEditor empfiehlt es sich auf jeden Fall den Tagschutz einzuschalten und im TagEditor auch eine Prfüuing der Tags durchzuführen. (Hierzu das Plugin aktivieren).

Die Target Datei kann man entweder durch cleanen der TTX Datei aus der Workbench oder durch Abspeichern als Zieltext erzeugen.
Viele Grüße

Hans
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados TagEditor cleanup of Indesign document

Translation news related to CAT tools

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »