qsc files in TagEditor
Thread poster: Csaba Ban

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:37
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2003

I have a couple of qsc files to be processed. This client usually asks for regular doc files, but this time it is different. Apparently such Mac-based files can be processed with Trados TagEditor, but a certain patch file is required for Win98 (my OS) to recognize such files.
AFAIK, Win2000 solves this problem automatically, but Win98 does not.
In the long run, I will switch to XP, but I need to find a solution *today* to be able to process qsc files.

Thank you for your ideas.

Greetings from cloudy Budapest,

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Trados should recognise QSC Oct 20, 2003

TAG Editor 6.0 has an option for opening qsc files. AFAIR it was the same in Trados 5.5
These are tagged QuarkXPress files, what does not necessarily mean they are MAC based.
If you got them on a CD or disk, formatted with MAC OS, however, you won´t be able to open them with your PC, unles you have a special software, which allows that.
To obtain such software and be able to read media from MAC OS go to
I´m using MAC Drive - it is a very good solution.
Otherwise please contact me directly, I can try to convert your files to *.ttx format, which you should be able to open.

Tool QSC2RTF Oct 20, 2003

Hello Csaba,

For some QuarkXP projects I programmed a tool that converts QSC files to Trados RTF. Maybe it works on your computer...
-> QSC2RTF (soon in English)

For further informations you can contact me by e-mail.

Greetings from cloudy Breitenbrunn
W. Polmann

Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
MAC ??? Oct 20, 2003

qsc is a trados internal file format for using TagEditor. The normal way is to work with the TagEditor. Your client can convert the final files (maybe it will be a good idea to save the final translation from ttx format into target qsc file) in the same way to QxP like the first conversion from QxP to QSC. After this he can open his QxP file onb the MAC again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

qsc files in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs