Mobile menu

Good news for Trados Freelance users: no more domain-based networking restriction
Thread poster: Karin Adamczyk
Karin Adamczyk  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:04
French to English
Oct 31, 2003

I am taking the liberty of copying a message from Daniel Brockmann (Trados) sent to the tw_users list ( this morning.

For the latest info and very informative discussions, join the list by sending a message to

Hi all,

thank you all for your valuable feedback regarding your networking needs.

I am pleased to inform you that based on your feedback, TRADOS has removed the domain-based networking restriction that was originally planned for TRADOS 6.5 Freelance.

In the final release that will ship from mid-November, there will be no networking change with respect to earlier versions.

Thanks again for your involvement and commitment to helping TRADOS develop better software for you.

I hope you will welcome this move.

Thanks and best regards,

Daniel Brockmann
Product Manager Translation Tools

End of quote.

Karin Adamczyk

[Edited at 2003-10-31 14:42]

Direct link Reply with quote

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:04
English to French
Great Nov 1, 2003

That's good news. I felt sorry for the guys who updated only to find out he had to dismantle his network to use it.

Luis Arri Cibils  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:04
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great, Karin. Nov 2, 2003

Perhaps now Atril's people may start reviewing some of their ideas re DVX.

RobinB  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:04
German to English
More good news from Trados Nov 5, 2003

I've just heard that Trados is now offering a FREE update (rather than a paid upgrade) to 6.5 for Trados users who have a support
contract with Trados. I'm not 100% certain if this applies to all versions, but no doubt somebody from Trados will provide the full details.

It's encouraging to see that Trados is now responding so rapidly to user concerns.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good news for Trados Freelance users: no more domain-based networking restriction

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs