Importing TM from Wordfast Mac to Trados 5..
Thread poster: freddybab
freddybab
Spanish to English
Nov 2, 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to import a Wordfast TM created on Mac OSX to Trados 5 on Windows XP. First of all i tried to open directly the tmw file, an error occured. Afterwards i tried to import the .txt file in a new Trados Tm, i got the following message : "Import finished successfully. 0 TUS read in 1 seconds: 0 updated, 0 added, 0 invalid".
Then i tried to import the .tmx file, and i got the following message : "(35000): SSLex0105e: Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 1, b".

I don't have any more ideas, thanks for helping me !
Fred

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:05
English to German
+ ...
Not sure about the error... Nov 3, 2003

... but I remember that Trados won't import any TMs that don't match exactly with the language pair. This could be due to wrong language settings (e.g. US English instead of UK English, etc). Just guessing.

You could check the WF TM (open it in Excel) and make sure the correct language pair is set.

HTH.

Sonja

[Edited at 2003-11-03 10:28]

Doru Voin  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 20:05
English to Romanian
+ ...
Have you tried the Yahoo group? Nov 3, 2003

You can find may solutions, discussions, even problems on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/

Regards from Bucharest,
Doru Voin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing TM from Wordfast Mac to Trados 5..

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums