Idiom WorldServer problem: auto search window missing
Thread poster: Liljetys
Liljetys
Liljetys
Local time: 17:28
English to Finnish
Jan 28, 2010

Hi all,

I have a really embarrassing problem. I have managed to misplace the auto search window (the one showing TD and TM matches) in Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench.

-Yes, I have tried to find it again by deselecting and selecting it again from View menu, doesn't work. When I select to View it, all the other windows go passive as the supposed auto search window activates somewhere, but it just isn't anywhere...
-Yes, I have tried to minimize all the other wi
... See more
Hi all,

I have a really embarrassing problem. I have managed to misplace the auto search window (the one showing TD and TM matches) in Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench.

-Yes, I have tried to find it again by deselecting and selecting it again from View menu, doesn't work. When I select to View it, all the other windows go passive as the supposed auto search window activates somewhere, but it just isn't anywhere...
-Yes, I have tried to minimize all the other windows to see if the auto search was lurking underneath. It isn't.

Any tips as to how I could find it again? The matches are still "sent" to the target segment if I choose Auto Assemble and/or Auto Propagate from Translation menu, but I'd really love to get the window back since if there are for example many fuzzy matches, only one of them (or none) are sent to the target segment.

Any help is highly appreciated!

-Hanna L
Collapse

megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:28
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem, did you manage to solve it? Sep 8, 2010

Hello Hanna,

I just did the same and cannot find that window anywhere. I have project with dozens of partial matches and I cannot see anything.

Did you manage to solve it somehow?

Thank you very much indeed!!!

Ruth

Romina Cacchiarelli
Romina Cacchiarelli
Argentina
Local time: 11:28
English to Spanish
Did you solve it? Feb 17, 2011

I encountered the same problem. Could you solved it?

Valeria Fuma
Valeria Fuma
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem Feb 17, 2011

I tried with closing and relaunching the application, activating and disabling the "AutoSeach window" option, opening a different project, etc. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Liljetys
Liljetys
Local time: 17:28
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Idiom problem Feb 17, 2011

Hi all,
I did manage to solve the problem, but it was such a long time ago that I don't remember what I did... I vaguely remember double clicking around the bottom part of the screen, when suddenly these little icons on the bottom, sides and middle of the screen popped up. When I moved the cursor to the bottom one, the window reappeared.

I'm really sorry that I can't help you more, it was really annoying to lose the window, but if I managed to get it back, so will you!... See more
Hi all,
I did manage to solve the problem, but it was such a long time ago that I don't remember what I did... I vaguely remember double clicking around the bottom part of the screen, when suddenly these little icons on the bottom, sides and middle of the screen popped up. When I moved the cursor to the bottom one, the window reappeared.

I'm really sorry that I can't help you more, it was really annoying to lose the window, but if I managed to get it back, so will you!

-Hanna
Collapse

Valeria Fuma
Valeria Fuma
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks the same Feb 17, 2011

Liljetys wrote:

Hi all,

I'm really sorry that I can't help you more, it was really annoying to lose the window, but if I managed to get it back, so will you!

-Hanna

Hi Hanna, thanks for replying! I'm trying your suggestion but haven't been able to make it pop up again. It's a real pity.
Have a nice day!

Tommi Porki
Tommi Porki
Local time: 10:28
English to Finnish
+ ...
Worked for me Jul 27, 2011

Phew, I had the same problem and in my case the auto search window had somehow gotten so small that the windows toolbar/taskbar on the bottom (where you see your open windows etc.) was blocking it. I minimized it to as small as I could and was able to pick up the auto search window and bring it back up and make it bigger. Very frustrating. Hope this helps.

Evangelina Ibañez
Evangelina Ibañez
Spanish to English
+ ...
Answer's in the task bar Jul 28, 2011

Hello all, I am a W7 user and had the same issue. I right-clicked the task bar and chose the option "Properties" within, in the Task Bar tab, I chose the option Superior/Top for the prompt "Location of Task Bar on the Screen" and there was my sneaky Auto Search window... I believe in Windows XP you can move the bar around with the mouse. Hope it helps!

Regards,
Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom WorldServer problem: auto search window missing

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »