Use Pagemaker with SDLX or Trados 5.5
Thread poster: METAFRASI (X)
METAFRASI (X)
METAFRASI (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 16, 2003

How can I use PageMaker using SDLX or Trados 5.5?

I need your help collegues.

Regards

Noriko Takeshi
METAFRASI

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:20
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
With Trados Dec 16, 2003

What you need, is Pagemaker on your PC. Without you cannot do anything either with SDLX or Trados.

As I do not use SDLX for PM-Files, I can only describe the way it works for Trados.

Locate your Trados installation on your HDD. As I don´t remember the folder structure of Trados 5 installation, you have to search for a Story Collector folder, containing the following files:
StoryCollectorPM*.cnt
StroryCollectorPM*.HLP
TradosStoryCollector.add
... See more
What you need, is Pagemaker on your PC. Without you cannot do anything either with SDLX or Trados.

As I do not use SDLX for PM-Files, I can only describe the way it works for Trados.

Locate your Trados installation on your HDD. As I don´t remember the folder structure of Trados 5 installation, you have to search for a Story Collector folder, containing the following files:
StoryCollectorPM*.cnt
StroryCollectorPM*.HLP
TradosStoryCollector.add

Select all files in Story Collector folder for Pagemaker (press CTRL+C).

Locate your PM installation on your HDD.
Open the main folder of it. Then open the folder RSRC and then the folder with your installation language (ie English or Deutsch or similar). Open the folder Plugins, place the cursor within and paste the copied files into (CTRL+V).

After starting Pagemaker and opening your file you will find a Plugin called Trados Story Collector (via Extra AFAIR).

Start the Story Collector, select Export stories, save the file under a convenient name. Don´t forget to save the original file afterwards. As this is a TXT file, you can translate it with TAG Editor. After the translation is complete, save your translated file monolingual. In PM open the source file again, open SC and select Import Stories. If everything worked, your PM file contains now the translated text, and only slight formating is needed.

Kind regards
Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use Pagemaker with SDLX or Trados 5.5

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »