Tag Editor: how to make wordcount.....?
Thread poster: Silvina

Silvina
Local time: 05:39
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2004

Hi, it's me again but this time I need your advice regarding wordcount with Trados Analyze.

How can I make the wordcount with Trados of only one Tag Editor file divided into two parts? I need to know how many English words each distributed part of the work has so as to notify both translators.

But Copy and Paste and make two separate files from scratch does not work with Tag Editor... obviously.

Can any of you help me with this issue, please?

Thanks so much in advance and have a wonderful day!

Silvina

Direct link

Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:39
Member (2005)
German to Spanish
Txt Jan 22, 2004

Open the txt file with a editor (Notepad) delete the part you want, than save it (oder name) and count with Workbench,

Direct link

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:39
English to German
+ ...
What about tags? Jan 22, 2004

Toledo wrote:

Open the txt file with a editor (Notepad) delete the part you want, than save it (oder name) and count with Workbench,

The problem with this approach is that you're going to include tags - nice if you can get away with it, but hardly acceptable to your customer.

BTW this is a repetitive posting - I moved the first post to the Trados Support forum - see www.proz.com/topic/17623.

I'm locking this thread, therefore.

Ralf

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor: how to make wordcount.....?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs