Teamworks 2008 Japanese support
Thread poster: ichibanmike
ichibanmike
ichibanmike
Local time: 07:29
Japanese to English
Sep 2, 2010

Hi,

Is anyone using SDL Teamworks 2008 to translate Japanese documents? We are thinking of upgrading to Teamworks 2008 and are wondering if it has the same good support for Japanese source language as Teamworks 2006, which we are currently using to translate Japanese documents. If anyone knows about this, please let me know.

Best,

Mike Holland

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:29
English to Thai
+ ...
Japanese as source language Sep 3, 2010

I use Trados Teamworks 2008 for a large volume translation of JP>TH without any trouble in July last year. It acted like TagEditor with WorkBench except for file cleaning and QA steps. I did not test for TH, EN>JP pairs but did not realize any weird behavior of this software.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

ichibanmike
ichibanmike
Local time: 07:29
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Teamworks 2008 Japanese support Sep 5, 2010

Hi Soonthon,

Thanks for the information! Did any of the files have Japanese in the file names? Teamworks 2006 of course has no trouble with Japanese kanji/hiragana, etc., in the source file names, and I assume Teamworks 2008 has no trouble processing such files, but I thought I would check just in case.

Take care,

Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teamworks 2008 Japanese support

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »