Mobile menu

Converting .sgm files to word.
Thread poster: Anaviva
Anaviva  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 29, 2004

I have some sgml files that I have translated. My client now wants the original files in Word format. I translated the files using TRADOS 5.5 (Freelance) and thought it might be possible to use the "preview source" option, cut the text and copy into Word. The problem here is that the cut option is not available in "preview source".

Does anyone have any suggestions. I know that my idea isn't even the best, because when you preview the source, you only get unformatted text. I'm sure there must be a more efficient and professional way of doing this.

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 12:02
+ ...
Say what? Mar 30, 2004

You got SGML files for translation and now they want the formatted output in Word? Somebody doesn't know their own files there at your client's. If anybody can do that thing, it's the client.
They give SGML to you, they get SGML back. You can "Select All" in TagEditor and paste that in an empty Word doc, though - if that's what they want.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting .sgm files to word.

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs