Problems running Systran 3 within Word 2003
Thread poster: Gillian Hargreaves

Gillian Hargreaves  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:27
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 5, 2004

I used to run Systran 3 quite happily within Word 2000, where it gave me two buttons, one for setting options and one for translating. The result was usually slightly better than opening Systran and pasting the same text in. Furthermore, I got a progress indicator which you don't get within Systran itself.

However, now I've got Windows XP and Word 2003 something is not quite right somewhere. I haven't got any Systran buttons on the Word button bar, though there is a Systran menu offering the same options. But when I select Options I get a message saying "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings." I have tried changing the macro security settings to Medium and Low (even though the latter is not recommended) but I still get the same message. Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
Local time: 19:27
English to German
+ ...
This might help Apr 5, 2004

Gillian Hargreaves wrote:

I used to run Systran 3 quite happily within Word 2000, where it gave me two buttons, one for setting options and one for translating. The result was usually slightly better than opening Systran and pasting the same text in. Furthermore, I got a progress indicator which you don't get within Systran itself.

However, now I've got Windows XP and Word 2003 something is not quite right somewhere. I haven't got any Systran buttons on the Word button bar, though there is a Systran menu offering the same options. But when I select Options I get a message saying "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings." I have tried changing the macro security settings to Medium and Low (even though the latter is not recommended) but I still get the same message. Any ideas?
Hi! here is a link for updates
http://www.systransoft.com/Support/Errata/
I have stopped using systran MT
Regards,
Bandi

Gillian Hargreaves  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:27
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 5, 2004

S.R. Bandi wrote:

Hi! here is a link for updates
http://www.systransoft.com/Support/Errata/
I have stopped using systran MT
Regards,
Bandi

Yes, I saw that but the nearest match is for Office XP under Windows 2000. I'm waiting for Tech Support to reply but thought in the meantime someone might have a bright idea.

xxxBrandis
Local time: 19:27
English to German
+ ...
update Apr 5, 2004

Gillian Hargreaves wrote:

Hi! there is work-around for it. Do not take a fresh installation of office 2003, take update from 2000 instead all your plug-ins will go
brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems running Systran 3 within Word 2003

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs