Newbie's question: Deja Vu and Trados on one PC?
Thread poster: SST
SST
SST  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:06
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Apr 9, 2004

Hi,

can I have both Trados and Deja Vu on the same PC? I am currently testing Trados, it is integrated into Word, etc; I presume that Deja Vu will also be integrated into MS Office Suite. Will there be any interference between two programs?

Thanks!

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:36
German to Spanish
No problem Apr 9, 2004

There is no problem but DV has nothing with Office to do. It is a standalone aplication.

Toledo

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:36
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
No problem Apr 9, 2004

Hi,

First of all DV3 and X have their own editor, so no interference at all in MS Word.

I have Trados and MetaTexis on one PC (both working in MS Word): the only thing I need to do is to deactivate temporarily either Trados or MetaTexis.

Giuliana

SST
SST  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:06
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 9, 2004

Thank you, I'm downloading the Deja Vu trial version now!

Happy Easter

Cristóbal del Río Faura
Cristóbal del Río Faura  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
No DV/MS Ofice integration Apr 9, 2004

Déjà Vu is a stand-alone program which does not interact with MS Office. I have been using both DV and Trados in the same PC for years without any problems. You can also use both dongles at the same time, one plugged into the other.
Regards,
Cristobal

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Newbie's question: Deja Vu and Trados on one PC?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »