Suggestion: need better way to search old kudoz questions
Thread poster: xxxLia Fail
xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2002

Is there any way of seeing more than 500 items of Pro questions and 500 items of Easy questions?

The search function is very specific so may not call up what you want, nor can you check for context etc.

So sometimes being able to scroll through the lot would be ideal. Or is it too big?

ADDED Monday

Marcus, what I don\'t want is to narrow down, rather the contrary, to be able to scroll through more than 500, becuase that way I could latch onto those items taht appear to be interesting, as part of a learning process.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-08 17:11 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:15
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
yep Apr 7, 2002

I agree. Perhaps a feature that allows you to narrow the last 50, say, Kudoz in one language pair, under one subject. Sometimes I\'d like to review past answers simply for learning reasons and not specifically looking for anything. And sometimes it\'s faster to scroll down a list than going through the search function. Is this possible, Jason?

Although, Ailish, I think that the present search function is functioning well. I often do searches for entire phrases and I simply enter one word (which I\'m sure is part of a sentence previously posted) and I always get good results. You can also try doing approximate searches by typing \"govern*\" instead of \"government\" for example.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: need better way to search old kudoz questions

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs