Can use SDLX to align .doc (Word) files?
Thread poster: Neo76
Neo76
Neo76
Mexico
Local time: 01:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 22, 2004

Last year, before I started using SDLX I translated a long Word file. I want to make a translation memory from it. I have both the source file and the translated one in .doc. So I need to know if I can align them in SDLX. I have tried to do it but the format field does not show any .doc item.

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:22
French to German
+ ...
Documentation... Jun 22, 2004

Neo,

You can find the documentation:

http://www.sdl.com/products-home/products/products-support/products-support-documentation/products-support-documentation-2003.htm

And to align Docs, you have to convert the files first in RTF (Function Convert).

Geneviève

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:22
English to German
+ ...
Save both files as .rtf Jun 23, 2004

then start SDLX>>Align

set the source and target rtf files and the languages and go ahead with the alignment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can use SDLX to align .doc (Word) files?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »