Mobile menu

Can use SDLX to align .doc (Word) files?
Thread poster: Neo76

Local time: 11:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 22, 2004

Last year, before I started using SDLX I translated a long Word file. I want to make a translation memory from it. I have both the source file and the translated one in .doc. So I need to know if I can align them in SDLX. I have tried to do it but the format field does not show any .doc item.

Direct link Reply with quote

Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:07
Member (2002)
French to German
+ ...
Documentation... Jun 22, 2004

You can find the documentation:

And to align Docs, you have to convert the files first in RTF (Function Convert).

Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:07
English to German
+ ...
Save both files as .rtf Jun 23, 2004

then start SDLX>>Align

set the source and target rtf files and the languages and go ahead with the alignment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can use SDLX to align .doc (Word) files?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs