ProZ.com global directory of translation services
 The translation workplace
Ideas

 
User
Thread poster: LMCO
Studio 2011: "Failed to save target content" and other messages

LMCO  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Dutch to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 22, 2012

Hi,

I'm translating a doc file in Studio 2011 and I was able to create a target file for my document only 2 days ago (It was a test). But now I get the following error message:

Failed to save target content. Trados 2007 Filter Definition file not found.

I get the following warning too, when I open the sdlxliff file:

Dependency file not found": ..\..\..\AppDat\Local\Temp\odl2jdip.wvx\yze001tf.igc.tmp
Filter Framework 1 filter definition file with settings used at thetime of extraction
Original path:
Would you like to browse for this file?

If I click No, I get another similar message looking for another file with another strange name. If I click No again, I can open the sdlxliff file an carry on translating, but still I can't create the target file.

Do you have any tipps for me?

Thank you!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Lords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:55
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Temporary file Apr 22, 2012

I have seen that the name of the file has "Temp" that stands for temporary files. I had the same problem, but it was with a file I was translating. What may have happen to you is that in some way your computer deleted your temporary files before you saved them.
When you are working with SDL Trados all files are stored in temporary files, unless you check them as approved. If you have a computer crash you may lose all your work.
So, I recommend.
a) to check every fragment of translation while working even before finishing.
b) Check your antivirus settings and disable erase temporary files. HP tune up had that setting as erase all temporary files on as standard, so be sure your tune up does not have it on. You may erase your temporary files when you are not working with SDL Trados.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Myrtille Montaud  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:55
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Studio 2011: Failed to save target content / ref. to an item... Apr 24, 2012

Hi,

I know many of you are facing this problem, but I did not find any solution yet through the forums...Does that mean there is no solution ?

I received a .ttx file to be translated.
I work with Studio 2011 (without 2007 suite included).
I had to send back the bilinguale .ttx file
Obviously, I did not manage to send it back.
When I tried to save target as / TRADOStag Document, then the following error message appeared "Failed to save target content: riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un’istanza di oggetto" (the Italian part would be like "reference to an item that is not outlined in an item's application").

So, my question is simple: is there any way to send back a .ttx bilingual file from Studio 2011 without having the 2009 or 2007 version ? Or should I just refuse any project where I am asked to send the .ttx bilingual file back ?

Now, the solution we found with the client is the following: I sent him the .tmx TM, and he copied/pasted all the segments in tag editor. Useless to say that it was absolutely not the ideal solution.

Thanks to anyone who might help me in advance !


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stijn Claerhout  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 09:55
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Another option: change file format Jun 2, 2012

Hi everyone, I had the exact same problem.

For me it helped changing the file format, from doc to docx. Then you start again, but normally everything is already in the TM.

One possible explanation I found was that this can happen with large files:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=3897&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

Since it was my first time I worked with Trados, I hope this will not happen every time.

Stijn


Direct link Reply with quote
 
wim_itp
I think I found a solution.. Oct 9, 2013

The same problem just occurred to me yesterday.
I am a coordinator at a translation company, and when I got the return package, the data popped up the same problems when trying to open it.

This was a Japanese to English translation of a Powerpoint presentation.

I checked the original JP SDLXLIFF file and found that there was a tag , whereas in the file I got back there was a tag.
The external-file tag contained some links to temp folders at the translators PC, and the internal-tag was just thousands of lines of meaningless characters (I presume this is the actual data but encoded in some special character encoding).

So I copied the internal-file tag over the external-file tag, and the file opened without problems!

Hope this will help you in the future.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]
Marco Ramón[Call to this topic]
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: "Failed to save target content" and other messages







WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »