Thread poster: LindaMcM
LindaMcM
LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:41
Swedish to German
+ ...
Jul 8, 2004

Hello,

maybe I have gone too far with my CAT tests (usually using Wordfast, now testing MetaTexis and Fusion) but I don't know what mistake(s) I've done...

Since a few hours all programs "auto clean" my documents. When I close the translated sequence only the translated sentence remain, the source is gone, just disappeared!

It doesn't matter if I use Wordfast or MetaTexis - this phenomenon appears in both programs, and I can't find the way back.

... See more
Hello,

maybe I have gone too far with my CAT tests (usually using Wordfast, now testing MetaTexis and Fusion) but I don't know what mistake(s) I've done...

Since a few hours all programs "auto clean" my documents. When I close the translated sequence only the translated sentence remain, the source is gone, just disappeared!

It doesn't matter if I use Wordfast or MetaTexis - this phenomenon appears in both programs, and I can't find the way back.

I need my uncleaned documents back - and I want to descide when to clean!

Has anyone an idea?

Linda
Collapse

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
It's your MS Word Jul 9, 2004

Under the Tools menu, choose Options.

Click on the View tab.

In the center zone, you'll see under Formatting marks, Hidden text (the top one on the right in the Formatting marks group. Check it.

The source text is hidden. You can toggle it on and off with the little paragraph mark if you can see it on your toolbar (if not, you can put it there with Customize).

Best,
Esther

LindaMcM
LindaMcM  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:41
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Jul 9, 2004

Hello Esther,

I couldn't even think so far as that it is a Word problem...

Thank you so much for the tip! I'm so happy again, with my uncleaned document!

Linda

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ctrl+comma Jul 9, 2004

Hi Linda,

If you're using Wordfast, while you have the WF toolbar expanded, you can toggle between visible and hidden text by pressing Ctrl+comma.
It will show you all hidden text and symbols (paragraph marks, tabs, spaces, etc.) This is useful to make sure you don't delete any paragraph mark (which might corrupt your segments).

Cheers,
Grace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help me - my CAT is "auto cleaning"

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »