Help needed in opening up Transtool memory file
Thread poster: Andrey STULPE
Andrey STULPE  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:11
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jul 16, 2004

I am despairately trying to open one of my completed translations made with Transtool (translation memory file with .tra extension) which badly sufferen during the last virus attack. And there is no way I can reinstall it now. It feels really sick to redo 70 pages knowing i have them ready made on my desktop. Can anyone pls. strech me his helping hand to open the file or transfer it to the Word to read it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jul 16, 2004

...to CAT Tools Tech Help.

jmadsen  Identity Verified
You need an .org file as well Jul 16, 2004

Transtool files come in pairs, a .tra file and an .org file (with the same name). I'm not sure what each file does or contains. I usually just doubleclick the .org file to open the translation. Maybe the .org file has been moved, deleted (Deleted folder), or renamed?

Good luck
Jørgen Madsen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed in opening up Transtool memory file

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums