Thread poster: Andrey STULPE
Andrey STULPE
Andrey STULPE  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:56
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jul 16, 2004

I am despairately trying to open one of my completed translations made with Transtool (translation memory file with .tra extension) which badly sufferen during the last virus attack. And there is no way I can reinstall it now. It feels really sick to redo 70 pages knowing i have them ready made on my desktop. Can anyone pls. strech me his helping hand to open the file or transfer it to the Word to read it?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jul 16, 2004

...to CAT Tools Tech Help.

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
You need an .org file as well Jul 16, 2004

Transtool files come in pairs, a .tra file and an .org file (with the same name). I'm not sure what each file does or contains. I usually just doubleclick the .org file to open the translation. Maybe the .org file has been moved, deleted (Deleted folder), or renamed?

Good luck
Jørgen Madsen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed in opening up Transtool memory file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »