malv
malv
France
Local time: 10:52
German to French
+ ...
basically you can't ... Jul 31, 2004

Jpeg are images/pictures.

If the text is printed on a jpeg picture, well, it seems like you have to typewrite yourself the text again, which shouldn\'t be a matter I suppose ?

Another solution if you want to work from the original source without having to re-type everything would be to print the picture, and use an OCR tool.

Best luck

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:52
English to Polish
+ ...
There are some OCRs that can do it without printing Aug 1, 2004

ex. http://www.scansoft.com/omnipage/features.asp
Image Format Conversion
Images of scanned documents contain a "picture" of the document, which can be viewed but not edited or searched. OmniPage converts static images into documents that can be edited and searched. The product supports converting all popular image formats, including TIF, JPG, BMP, PCX, GIF, PDF, MAX and more.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:52
Portuguese to English
+ ...
My dopey little solution to this problem Aug 2, 2004

I open a new Word document. I size it down to about 1/4 the size of the screen. Then I open the jpeg document and open the Word "window" on top of it. With a little manipulating and using the zoom function, I can always get it to work so that the jpeg text is readable and I can type in the little window at the same time. When I'm done, I just expand the Word window and check everything.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating JPEG files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »