https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/25660-wordfast_and_trados_65%3A_importing_tm.html

Wordfast and Trados 6.5: importing TM
Thread poster: Ariadna Castillo González
Ariadna Castillo González
Ariadna Castillo González  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 01:59
English to Catalan
+ ...
Oct 14, 2004

Hi there,

I've been working for quite a while with wordfast and I have created a relatively big translation memory. Recently, the company I work for acquired Trados 6.5. I tried to import the wordfast translation memory into Trados and everything went alright except for the words that contain accents (I translate into Spanish, so quite a few of the words have accents). These words now contain Chinese characters
... See more
Hi there,

I've been working for quite a while with wordfast and I have created a relatively big translation memory. Recently, the company I work for acquired Trados 6.5. I tried to import the wordfast translation memory into Trados and everything went alright except for the words that contain accents (I translate into Spanish, so quite a few of the words have accents). These words now contain Chinese characters

I know that one solution is fixing each of the words as the sentences pop up but this is time-consuming. I was wondering wether there is any other way to fix that. Trados says this is a known bug... but I haven't given up yet

Thanks for your help!
Ariadna
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:59
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TMX is Unicode Oct 14, 2004

TMX is Unicode so this shouldn't happen if you export TMX from Wordfast and import it in Trados. Read the Wordfast manual about language name issues.

Regards,
Gerard

Simoontje
Simoontje
English
Wordfast and Trados 6.5: importing TM Oct 20, 2004

I tried both options, but it didn't work (changing the font resulted in Trados not even importing the wordfast memory at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and Trados 6.5: importing TM

Translation news related to CAT tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »