Getting started with SDL
Thread poster: Ana Battaglia

Ana Battaglia
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 10, 2004

I have to start learning how to use the SDL and I would like to know if anyone from Buenos Aires knows where I can lern it with a tutor or something. This is the way I learned Trados because I'm not really good at learning a new program al by myself.

Thanks, Ana.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxx00000000
English to French
+ ...
SDLX is much easier Nov 10, 2004

Hi Ana -

I have both Trados and SDLX and I can assure you that SDLX is much easier to learn; this is due in great part to the fact that the instructions are better written (after years with Trados, I still can't read their literature because it's so illogical and counterintuitive).

At least, give it a try: you should be pleasantly surprised.

Best,
Esther

[Edited at 2004-11-10 16:13]

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:37
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
SDLX offers online courses Nov 11, 2004

If you go to the SDLX web site...you may also register for an online course. It will be an online course + you log into a phone conference where the tutor explains everything step by step and you may ask questions.

I have been using SDLX for years and I am very happy with it.

Good luck

Kathi

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:37
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
sdlx-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Nov 11, 2004

Kathi Stock wrote:

If you go to the SDLX web site...you may also register for an online course. It will be an online course + you log into a phone conference where the tutor explains everything step by step and you may ask questions.

I have been using SDLX for years and I am very happy with it.

Good luck

Kathi

Hi Kathi,

You can also subscribe to this mailing list by sending an empty message to the address given above. A very helpful bunch of people there.

HTH

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started with SDL

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search