Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:28
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 27, 2014

I just posted a little overview of all the great tools there are in TransTools over on the CafeTran mailing list (here), and thought I’d copy it to Proz so people here could read it too.

TransTools started as a clone of CodeZapper but now has tons more features. By the way, these screenshots are all of the ‘TransTo
... See more
I just posted a little overview of all the great tools there are in TransTools over on the CafeTran mailing list (here), and thought I’d copy it to Proz so people here could read it too.

TransTools started as a clone of CodeZapper but now has tons more features. By the way, these screenshots are all of the ‘TransTools for Word’ version, but there is also ‘TransTools for Excel’, ‘TransTools for Visio’ and ‘TransTools for Autocad’.

Ever need to make all the red highlighted text in a document hidden, so you can have your CAT tool ignore it? TransTools has a handy tool for this!

Have a look:

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Wordbook.nl

Michael

PS: I am in no way connected to the developer of TransTools. Just a happy user.
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:28
Finnish to French
Download link + author May 29, 2014

Michael Beijer wrote:
PS: I am in no way connected to the developer of TransTools.

And even if you were, he could hardly pay you anything, given that TransTools is free (though financial contributions are accepted, and probably welcome too). OK, I see there's now also a $20 Professional version. Buying it is probably the best way to make a financial contribution (almost everything is included in the free version).

Since no link to TransTools were provided, here it is: http://www.translatortools.net/download.html

And let's also mention the author: Stanislav Okhvat, who is a translator.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
CodeZapper? May 29, 2014

Michael Beijer wrote:
TransTools started as a clone of CodeZapper but now has tons more features.

Is it being developed by the same guy?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:28
Finnish to French
CodeZapper vs. TransTools May 29, 2014

Samuel Murray wrote:
Is it being developed by the same guy?

CodeZapper is developed by David Turner. What Michael (probably) meant is that TransTools started out by using CodeZapper as a model, a bit like Wordfast and memoQ started out emulating Trados Workbench and Déjà Vu, respectively.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:28
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed. May 29, 2014

Thanks for adding all the missing info Dominique. I've been away from my computer for a bit and only just got back.

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Screenshots of new TransTools features

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »