Boost your career as a professional translator!

Boost your career as a professional translator! SDL hosts a virtual conference featuring a selection of free resources to help grow your freelance business, as well as an update on the new features of the world’s most trusted translation software - SDL Trados Studio 2017

Click for Full Participation

Database needed
Thread poster: Maria Knorr
Maria Knorr
Local time: 10:41
English
+ ...
May 14, 2002

I am looking for a database to keep track of clients and agencies. I have Mac so Microsoft Access does not work, and I want something better than excel. Can anyone suggest something good?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Teresa Duran-Sanchez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:41
German to Spanish
+ ...
I use Multiterm of Trados! May 14, 2002

Sorry, it might seem silly to you, but if you have Trados, you could use it to register your customers and their details. That\'s what I do and so far it works great. I can export the data into a table any time and viceversa.

(Now, I think you actually do not have Trados -well, if you ever purchase it, you know what the database could be useful for...)

Good luck

Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:41
Italian to English
+ ...
Filemaker Pro May 14, 2002

What about Filemaker Pro? I don\'t use a Mac, but I know (at least at one time) Filemaker ran on that platform.

HTH

R.

==

Quote:

On 2002-05-14 12:37, Mashulya wrote:

I am looking for a database to keep track of clients and agencies. I have Mac so Microsoft Access does not work, and I want something better than excel. Can anyone suggest something good?

Thanks

mascd
Canada
Local time: 10:41
French to English
+ ...
Two database suggestions May 14, 2002

I am a Mac user and for scheduling and as a phone and address database I have used Claris Organizer for a dogs age. For billing I use FileMaker.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Database needed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums