Free bilingual extraction tools
Thread poster: ojala_inshallah
ojala_inshallah
United States
Local time: 15:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 20

Hi, I work in the translation office of a public school district, and we want to develop our own glossary. Unfortunately, like many public school districts, we do not have that big of a budget to spend on resources.

Does anyone know of free bilingual extraction tools? I found SketchEngine, but even that monthly cost is something we cannot afford at the moment (it's about US $10 / month).

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Mario Chavez  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not the first step Mar 20

Are you one of the translators employed at that school district?

Your first step should not be looking for free things on the Internet, especially translation tools. And particularly term extraction tools, unless a) you are a terminologists and/or b) you have done it before.

May I suggest you contact the local translators' association in your city or region? They will be very happy to offer practical suggestions.

The problem with asking for advice on an Internet forum is complex for your case, because we may want to help out, but we do not know enough of your circumstances, type of documents, etc. to give you an appropriate reply.

ojala_inshallah
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 21

Thank you for your suggestions, Mr. Chavez. I will contact the local translation association. It is a good idea!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free bilingual extraction tools

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs