How do you squash a glossary entry?
Thread poster: Trudy Peters

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:10
German to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2002

I know how to edit an entry, but how do I get rid of the whole thing?

There are some really ludicrous ones out there. For instance:

Source: Sentence

Target: One suggestion...

Why don\'t people THINK before hitting the \"submit to glossary\" button?

Trudy

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:10
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
ask the big boss Jun 8, 2002

to swing his baseball bat and beat the entry to pulp...or simply ask Jason to muddle around with the keyboard to zap the worm away. Great idea for spring cleaning actually.

Jason?

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:10
German to English
+ ...
Two choices Jun 8, 2002

I\'ve asked myself the same question, and, the way I see it, you have two choices

1) Edit the entry to something sensible, taking a choice word or phrase from the question and the translation.

2) Grin and bear it! There are so many of these inane entries that deleting them all would be a mammoth task (and probably a thankless one!). Try and take solace in the fact that nobody is likely to consult the glossaries for \'sentence\' or anything similar!

Regards

Mary

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:10
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
thinking Jun 8, 2002

yep, Truds, if you see one like that, do as Mary says and pick a keyword in the sentence or phrase and enter the best answer. I\'ve been doing that quietly actually...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you squash a glossary entry?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Lilt
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs