Intellicomplete doesn't work in SDLX
Thread poster: Alex Pszczola

Alex Pszczola  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 25, 2005

Hello,

Please help me with settings in SDLX or/and Intellicomplete.

Completing words doesn't work in SDLX Edit but it works in Word, so I think there is a problem with SDLX settings. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Alex

Direct link Reply with quote

Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
French to English
Try this contact Jun 25, 2005

Alex, I can't help you directly I'm afreid, but write to this address: support@flashpeak.com

Best

Barnaby

Alex Pszczola  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Switched to LetmeType Jun 25, 2005

Hello,

I switched to free software LetmeType and it works great and further more support Central Europe characters. So if anyone have the similar problems then you know what to do.

Thank you for the reply, but I think it will be time consuming to troubleshoot this issue with the company.

Kind regards,
Alex Pszczola

Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
French to English
Glad you found a solution Jun 26, 2005

Intellicomplete doesn't work with Open Office either, curiously enough.
In spite of these limitations, I have been a great fan of the product for several years. The danger with autocomplete products like LetMeType and Intellicomplete is that, if you're not very careful, they can disrupt your work flow and you can end up spending more time than if you had just typed in the word yourself. That is why, after a lot of trial and error, I find Intellicomplete works best (in most work situations)on a very short-term or temporary basis when the word or phrase you want to complete is in the front of your mind and you hardly need to look at the prompt window at all. Pursuing the same logic, I find it is best to dock the prompt window to the bottom of the screen where it is far less obtrusive. You still have to steel yourself not to look at the prompt, but it very quickly pays dividends.
The big advantage of Intellicomplete over LetMeType, in my view, is that it can complete phrases (indeed large blocks of text) and not just words.

In a nutshell, I look upon CAT tools (I am very happy with Logiterm myself) as MACRO APPLICATIONS and Intellicomplete as a MICRO APPLICATION. Incidentally, Intellicompete has a very clever multiple clipboard feature and I find you can get a lot of mileage out of switching between this and the autocomplete feature.

Best

Barnaby

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:10
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Try also AS-U-TYPE Jul 21, 2005

I have used both intellicomplete and as-u-type and they both have their bugs (and I use Greek which is an exotic option for them). The good thing about as-u-type is that it works with ALL windows applications.

I have not tested LetMeType and I intend to do it shortly.

[Edited at 2005-07-21 16:00]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Intellicomplete doesn't work in SDLX

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs