Sharing Worfast TM with another laptop, how?
Thread poster: Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen
Pablo Mayen  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 28, 2005

Hi all:

Any advice on how to share (or use) an exisiting Wordfast TM with another user of a differente laptop? I'm taking my first steps in Wordfast...

Thanks!

PIMO

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:28
English to German
+ ...
.. Aug 28, 2005

What do you mean by sharing? Do you want to simply provide that user with your TM or are both of you working on one project simultaneously?

If you just want to give your TM to someone else, copy the Wordfast TM (txt file) to another computer and select it as active TM.

If you want to work on the same project together, you need the WF server which can be downloaded at www.wordfast.net... See more
What do you mean by sharing? Do you want to simply provide that user with your TM or are both of you working on one project simultaneously?

If you just want to give your TM to someone else, copy the Wordfast TM (txt file) to another computer and select it as active TM.

If you want to work on the same project together, you need the WF server which can be downloaded at www.wordfast.net

HTH.

Sonja
Collapse

Pablo Mayen
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Working on the same project... Aug 28, 2005

Thanks Sonja!

In fact, it is the same file but split in four parts because of the size. What I'm afraid of is replacing the TM and losing some information. So, basically I wait for my partner to finish her part and just copy that TM into my laptop? (we use a flash memory to copy the TM back and forth). No local network yet...

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:28
English to German
+ ...
.. Aug 28, 2005

Don't replace your TMs, merge them.

Just open one TM, highlight everything (except for the header), hit Ctrl-C, open the other TM, go to the end of it, hit Ctrl-V and there you go.

HTH.

Sonja

Pablo Mayen
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I owe you BIIIIIG time... Aug 28, 2005

A thousand thanks...

Pablo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sharing Worfast TM with another laptop, how?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »