Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 28, 2005

G'day everyone!
I see Frankenstein works on Java 1.3.1, which makes it suited for Windows 95 (nice). However, it is a horribly confusing program to use. I wonder if anyone has had any or much success with it. I manage to open HTML files but I can't get them to align. Frankenstein doesn't seem to open plaintext files. The only TM format it imports, is "Trados export" format, whatever that means. I can't figure out how to create a TM from scratch (I can create an empty TM, but then to populate it, I have to do some translation, which I can't figure out how to do. Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone any luck with Frankenstein?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs