Mobile menu

Possible to upgrade from Trados 5.5 to 7.0?
Thread poster: DPS

DPS
Australia
Local time: 17:19
German to English
+ ...
Nov 6, 2005

Hi everyone,
I have just managed to destroy my Trados USB dongle in a freak accident!!
Just as well, as I still have been using version 5.5 and it is probably time for an upgrade.
The translationzone site does not give any information, if such an upgrade is possible and if so, how much it would cost - assuming they would let me upgrade from a (no longer usable) dongle version to a softkey version.

What really concerns me though is, whether I would be able to use my existing 5.5 TM without problems in 7.0?

Any information/advice/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Windows/Office xp.

Cheers and thanks,
Petra

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:19
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Nov 6, 2005

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

Hi Petra,
The translationzone site does not give any information, if such an upgrade is possible and if so, how much it would cost - assuming they would let me upgrade from a (no longer usable) dongle version to a softkey version.

Shouldn't be a problem, assuming you can still provide your license number.

Details are shown on TranslationZone - click on Upgrade from pre-TRADOS 6 FL.

What really concerns me though is, whether I would be able to use my existing 5.5 TM without problems in 7.0?

Yes. It's recommended to export your version 5.x TM, and to re-create it under T7, though.

Best regards,
Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible to upgrade from Trados 5.5 to 7.0?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs