https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/38903-impossible_to_open_isc_files_using_tag_editor.html

Impossible to open ISC files using Tag Editor
Thread poster: Inese Poga-Smith
Inese Poga-Smith
Inese Poga-Smith  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:08
Latvian to English
+ ...
Nov 11, 2005

I've got to translate ISC files using Trados. Somehow I opened one file of the whole set, but now it keeps repeating me like this (35017): SSLex0105e: Invalid token, Line 39, Offset 31,< Does anybody have an idea what that means and how could I get to those files? I"d be very grateful for any suggestion.

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 06:08
German to English
+ ...
Trados version ? Nov 11, 2005

Hello,

which Trados version do you use ?

Take a llok on the master pages of the Indesign file and remove the special chars.

Regards

Hans

Laura Gentili
Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
It happened to me Nov 11, 2005

Hi,
It recently happened to me. I was using Trados 6 and I was not able to work on .isc files. Therefore I upgraded to Trados 7 and I still had problems. I downloaded a patch for Trados 7 and I had no more troubles.

Laura

Inese Poga-Smith
Canada
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The same version Nov 11, 2005

Unfortunately I have the same Trados 6.0 version, so I am probably just wasting my time?

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
not isc but ttx Nov 11, 2005

Normally you don't open isc files in TagEditor but ttx files. You first need to convert them with StoryCollector from Indesign to get ttx files you can open in TagEditor

Inese Poga-Smith
Canada
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I do that? Nov 11, 2005

That guy who sent me files gave me instructions but he didn't say amything about .ttx files and converting them. If you could explain how do I convert those files I'd be really thankful.

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
ISC and TTX Nov 11, 2005

Vauwe wrote:

Normally you don't open isc files in TagEditor but ttx files. You first need to convert them with StoryCollector from Indesign to get ttx files you can open in TagEditor

I'm sorry but that's incorrect.
ISC files are InDesign Story Collector files, i.e. they were already exported from InDesign.
A TTX file is automatically created when you open an .isc file (or .qsc or any other tag format) in TagEditor and save it for the first time.

The files may have been created in a StoryCollector version that is incompatible with your version of Trados.

HTH,
Benjamin

Inese Poga-Smith
Canada
Latvian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 11, 2005

Thanks for help, I think that's exactly the case, those files and my Trados version are incompatible. Anyway, thanks a lot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to open ISC files using Tag Editor

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »