Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:10
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jul 22, 2002

I thought the sender\'s identity always appeared in the left-hand column of a forum posting, but this has not been the case in at least two recent instances.

All the following examples are from the Spanish forum.

Two without identity:

A posting dated July 22, 12.02 pm in Aurora Humaran\'s topic \"8 Segundos (o \"El Acelere Nuestro de Cada Dia\")\";

a posting dated July 22, 3.40 am in Julio Barros\' topic \"POEMAS TRADUCIDOS - NADA ESPECIAL, PERIO QUERIA CO
... See more
I thought the sender\'s identity always appeared in the left-hand column of a forum posting, but this has not been the case in at least two recent instances.

All the following examples are from the Spanish forum.

Two without identity:

A posting dated July 22, 12.02 pm in Aurora Humaran\'s topic \"8 Segundos (o \"El Acelere Nuestro de Cada Dia\")\";

a posting dated July 22, 3.40 am in Julio Barros\' topic \"POEMAS TRADUCIDOS - NADA ESPECIAL, PERIO QUERIA COMPARTIRLOS\".

On the other hand, one with, between the times of the above two:

a posting dated July 22, 1.14 pm in Pat Mazzucco\'s topic \"Agua o Coca Cola\".

Collapse

Elena Miguel
Elena Miguel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's quite strange Jul 22, 2002

I have experienced the same problem in some previous instances with other postings, but it seems it\'s a \"local\" problem, I mean, I can see perfectly the names of the sender in the postings you mention but I can\'t see the name of the sender in some others.

I guess we are not the only two who have this problem.

To be continued...

Regards.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:10
English to German
+ ...
New forum user, I suspect Jul 22, 2002

Hi Jack,

I\'ve noticed this on a regular basis; if I remember correctly, this is normal behaviour in the case of new members posting to the forum area for the first time. In contrast to paying members, their profiles must be cleared by ProZ staff before it becomes visible.

(Henry, Jason: correct me if I\'m wrong...)

Silvina Beatriz Codina
Silvina Beatriz Codina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:10
English to Spanish
It is as Ralf says Jul 22, 2002

There is nothing fishy about this; when new members post a message, their names take a while to show up. If you check the \"anonymous\" message a few days later, you\'ll see their names and language combinations as usual.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-22 15:53 ]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:10
SITE FOUNDER
right, ralf. Jul 22, 2002

If a person registers and immediately posts something to the forums, their name won\'t appear.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sender\'s identity being omitted from some forum postings

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »