Mobile menu

Trados: "Different target in TM. Use 'Get' to update document or 'set' to update TM.
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 06:18
German to English
Jan 2, 2006

I am working on a pretranslated document in Trados. Some of the segments are repeats, but even on 100% matches, the TM window is giving me the message "Different target in TM. Use 'Get' to update document or 'set' to update TM" rather than inserting my past translation. I see my past translation in the lower window, but can't find any way of automatically inserting it in the TM, none of the red or blue "get" buttons work. What is going on here? How do I get my past translation, as displayed in the lower TM window, into the yellow box?
Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:18
English to German
+ ...
Use 'Get Translation' Jan 2, 2006

Hi Rebecca,
You need to use Get Translation (the single downward-pointing arrow).

As this requires manual (inter)action even with your own 100% matches (and hence, Translation to Fuzzy doesn't work), I would prefer working on a document that is not pre-translated, using a reference TM instead.

HTH, Ralf

Rebecca Holmes
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yippiee! Jan 2, 2006

Hallelujah, it works! Thank you! I was clicking on the sideways arrows with red and blue lines on them before. I think I'll go celebrate by making some hot chocolate....

Peggy Huang  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
This doesn't work for me! Don't know why? Apr 20, 2007

Rebecca Holmes-L鰂fler wrote:

Hallelujah, it works! Thank you! I was clicking on the sideways arrows with red and blue lines on them before. I think I'll go celebrate by making some hot chocolate....

This doesn't work for me! No matter how much time I click "get" button, the next time the same thing happen again! It seems I can never update TM in this way. And I just can't find"set" button as in the title of this topic. Anybody can help?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: "Different target in TM. Use 'Get' to update document or 'set' to update TM.

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs