Thread poster: Catherine Harrison
Catherine Harrison  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:55
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 13, 2006

I have trados 6.5 freelance; I'm doing a translation with lots of images on the page. There are 5 pages; no problem with the other 4. But with this last one I get to one line, translate it, and then instead of moving forward Trados just bounces back to it. Can anybody tell me what is going on, what I can do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:55
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jan 13, 2006

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

I have trados 6.5 freelance; I'm doing a translation with lots of images on the page. There are 5 pages; no problem with the other 4. But with this last one I get to one line, translate it, and then instead of moving forward Trados just bounces back to it.

Are you using Normal view (as opposed to Page layout)?

Best regards,
Ralf

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:55
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You are obviously riunning into a table with connected cells Jan 13, 2006

When this occurs, be sure to switch to the layout view, show table grid lines, and - when you come to the lates segment, after which the cursor jumps back again to allready translated segments, press ALT+END to stop translation at this point. Move the cursor now manually to the next untranslated segment. Do so as often as necessary.
AFAIK there is no way to circumvent that. The reason are allways tables with connected cells.

This behaviour does however not occur with TAG Editor 7 and Word files.

HTH
Jerzy

Catherine Harrison  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:55
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jerzy! Jan 14, 2006

It worked! You're a genius! Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with trados: keep jumping back to the source

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs