https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/41317-help_with_trados%3A_keep_jumping_back_to_the_source.html

Help with trados: keep jumping back to the source
Thread poster: Catherine Harrison
Catherine Harrison
Catherine Harrison  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:26
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 13, 2006

I have trados 6.5 freelance; I'm doing a translation with lots of images on the page. There are 5 pages; no problem with the other 4. But with this last one I get to one line, translate it, and then instead of moving forward Trados just bounces back to it. Can anybody tell me what is going on, what I can do?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:26
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jan 13, 2006

...to Trados Support - please use this forum to post Trados-related topics.

I have trados 6.5 freelance; I'm doing a translation with lots of images on the page. There are 5 pages; no problem with the other 4. But with this last one I get to one line, translate it, and then instead of moving forward Trados just bounces back to it.

Are you using Normal view (as opposed to Page layout)?

Best regards,
Ralf

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You are obviously riunning into a table with connected cells Jan 13, 2006

When this occurs, be sure to switch to the layout view, show table grid lines, and - when you come to the lates segment, after which the cursor jumps back again to allready translated segments, press ALT+END to stop translation at this point. Move the cursor now manually to the next untranslated segment. Do so as often as necessary.
AFAIK there is no way to circumvent that. The reason are allways tables with connected cells.

This behaviour does however not occur with TAG Edito
... See more
When this occurs, be sure to switch to the layout view, show table grid lines, and - when you come to the lates segment, after which the cursor jumps back again to allready translated segments, press ALT+END to stop translation at this point. Move the cursor now manually to the next untranslated segment. Do so as often as necessary.
AFAIK there is no way to circumvent that. The reason are allways tables with connected cells.

This behaviour does however not occur with TAG Editor 7 and Word files.

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

Catherine Harrison
Catherine Harrison  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:26
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jerzy! Jan 14, 2006

It worked! You're a genius! Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with trados: keep jumping back to the source

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »