Thread poster: Anne Lee

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:06
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 15, 2006

When I carry out 'search and replace' in SDLX (2004 Bonus version) , I usually scroll through the modified segments to re-confirm them. If I wouldn't, the translation memory would not be updated for the different segments. However, I am working on a huge .itd file with 6000 segments and realise that I need to change a few key words. Is there a way around having to re-confirm all those segments? The option 'Confirm 100% matches' would not work because the TM would come up with the previous version.

Direct link Reply with quote

Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:06
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Select all and confirm Jan 15, 2006

I come across a similar problem after spellchecking, the corrected segments are no longer marked as validated. As I do it at a point when the whole text has already been proofread, I just mark all segments (instead of going to each umarked segment one by one) and I right click on the selected target segments and go to Confirm/Unconfirm/Confirm Selection.

To select the whole target column you need to place the cursor in the first segment, press Shift and go to the last row.

I hope this will be helpful.

Romuald

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Edit > Confirm/Unconfirm > Confirm Untranslated Jan 16, 2006

Try using Edit > Confirm/Uncofirm > Confirm Untranslated.
By "untranlsated" they actually mean the "grey" unconfirmed segments.

If you have the "Automatic TM Update" option selected in Tools > Options > Automation, you'll get an alert asking whether you want to update the TM with these confirmed segments.

Hope this helps,
Roberta

[Edited at 2006-01-16 06:03]

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
German to French
Confirm untranslated Jan 16, 2006

Roberta Anderson wrote:

Try using Edit > Confirm/Uncofirm > Confirm Untranslated.

Exactly

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:06
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Global search and replace Jan 16, 2006

I've received the following extremely useful tip by email:
there is a global search and replace option built into SDLX.
It is available from the starting panel as the last option under Translate. It allows you to carry out a global 'search and replace' in different files, which is wonderful. The replacements do not unconfirm the segments, apparently.

Thanks for all your useful replies.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Re-confirming SDLX segments after search & replace

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs