Unable to import Trados TM into SDLX 2005 Professional
Thread poster: Anita Cassidy

Anita Cassidy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to German
Jan 20, 2006

Hi everyone!

I have a problem that is starting to drive me up the wall - I have been trying to import an exported Trados TM file (.txt file) into SDLX and it just won't work.

Having followed all the usual steps - open SDLX Maintain, create a new SDLX TM file, run the import wizard - I don't know what else to do.

The message I get at the end of the unsuccessful process is "No translations were found matching the given search parameters" - this is odd because I doublechecked the Trados file and I definitely selected the correct source and target language (EN-GB to DE-DE).

Is it just me or have any of you ever encountered the same problem and know what to do?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

Anita

Direct link Reply with quote

Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:14
Member (2002)
French to German
+ ...
2 approaches Jan 20, 2006

Hallo Anita,

ich schreibe lieber Deutsch:)

1) Es könnte eine Frage der Kodierung sein. Versuche mal die Datei unter einem anderen Namen zu speichern, aber mit einer anderen Kodierung.

2) Bist Du sicher, dass Du bei EN und DE die richtigen Länder hast (USA/GB -Germany)?

3) Wenn das alles nichts bringt, bitte Deinen Kunden um die Datei im TMX-Format.

Geneviève:)

Anita Cassidy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
hilft leider nicht :-) Jan 20, 2006

Geneviève von Levetzow wrote:

Hallo Anita,

ich schreibe lieber Deutsch:)

1) Es könnte eine Frage der Kodierung sein. Versuche mal die Datei unter einem anderen Namen zu speichern, aber mit einer anderen Kodierung.

2) Bist Du sicher, dass Du bei EN und DE die richtigen Länder hast (USA/GB -Germany)?

3) Wenn das alles nichts bringt, bitte Deinen Kunden um die Datei im TMX-Format.

Geneviève:)

Hallo Geneviève,

vielen Dank für Deine schnelle Antwort - aber das hilft leider alles nichts. Muss wohl den Kunden um ein anderes Format bitten.

Viele Grüße
Anita

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to import Trados TM into SDLX 2005 Professional

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs