Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Apr 5, 2006

G'day everyone

Toshiya Kazuyoshi's new freeware CAT tool, Isometry, was recently announced in the Proz forums.

The help files are available here:
http://finitefield.web.fc2.com/isometry/help_en.html

I have created (with the Isometry creator's blessing) a Yahoogroups user mailing list for people who use and who would like to try out Isometry.

Join here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/isometry/
or send an empty e-mail to:
isometry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Isometry has a few cool features:

* Multiple TMs and multiple glossaries
* Real-time glossary recognition
* Limited term replacement
* Translation memory fuzzy matching (it marks match differences up to sub-word level, using coloured markup -- ideal for languages with long words)
* Automatic context for individual matches

Isometry translates plaintext Unicode files only. The TM and glossary formats are both tab delimited plaintext files. It requires DotNet 2.0 on your computer.

[Edited at 2006-04-07 19:45]

Direct link Reply with quote

István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 01:25
English to Hungarian
+ ...
A very nice tool Apr 28, 2006

This is a really nice tool, I like the philosophy. It's a major drawback that it only translates Unicode text files but the interface is very clean and the concepts are very useful.

Toshiya Kazuyoshi
Japan
Local time: 09:25
Japanese to English
I will make Isometry accept Word "12" format May 8, 2006

Thank you for your comments.
The current version of Word format is not open, but the next version "12" format will be open and it will be based on XML. So it is much easier for me to read the format. The next Word version will come late in this year.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More on Isometry CAT tool

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs