Applying functions to batches of files in Windows
Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:31
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 21, 2002

Is there a way to apply a Word function to a batch of files in Windows? Examples: I have 10 files I am translating and want to set the language of all to English, or I want to add \"_e\" to the end of the filenames of 10 files in the same folder.

Is this possible without going into each file separately / changing the name of each file separately in Explorer?

Direct link Reply with quote

Félix Saiz  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Flash Renamer Aug 21, 2002

Yes, you can try Flash Renamer. It is a very good shareware. You can download it from http://www.rlvision.com.

Best regards,

Félix

tonnie
Canada
Local time: 21:31
French to Dutch
+ ...
Better File Rename Aug 21, 2002

is a very good one as well. You can get it here: http://www.publicspace.net/windows/BetterFileRename/

It integrates in the shell, so you don\'t need to start another program.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Applying functions to batches of files in Windows

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs