Mobile menu

Dicitionary hookup in CAT Tool?
Thread poster: nubitrans
May 11, 2006

Hello, I'm currently translating in Word. I am using an electronic dictionary for assitance.

After translating for a while i decided to lookup what was possible using software and I discovered CAT-tools.

I tried Wordfast and MetaTextis and they were basically more or less them same. Although the techniques with segments and such are probably very handy for full-time translaters.

Now Since this translation is more or less a one-time job I'm wondering if any CAT-tools, instead of asking me to translate segments, can sort of hook up to a dictionary and show floating suggestions for words as I type?

sort of like Google Suggest feature.

Direct link Reply with quote

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:09
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Babylon May 11, 2006

Have you tried Babylon? To see a list of possible translation, you just have to click on the word, then Shift + left mouse button.

I have found it quite useful.

The site is:

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dicitionary hookup in CAT Tool?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs