oxtrans
oxtrans
Spain
Local time: 11:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 24, 2006

Afternoon!

I do need urgent help on this issue. I have to send a quote right now of a powerpoint presentation but Transit XV professional displays a segmentation error while importing. Any ideas to sort it out? How can I get a wordcount from a PPT file?

Thanks a lot.
OSCAR NOGUERAS

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Practicount May 24, 2006

You can use Practicount (there are some other programs too) for the word count in PPT.

Does the importing stage indicate anything more specific abpout the segmentation error?

Antonin

oxtrans
oxtrans
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx May 24, 2006

I have also used Wordcount and it also gives error in counting... so I guess there must be something wrong with the original file.

Transit just says "segmentation error. check segmentation"

I'm quite desperate!

Thanx anyway for your rapid response.
Oscar Nogueras

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Can you actually open the file? May 24, 2006

I mean in PPT; and sometimes OpenOffice tells you something more about the file...

Antonin

Robintech
Robintech
France
English to French
+ ...
Word counting in Powerpoint Jun 22, 2006

To count words in Powerpoint, click File/Properties and then the tab "Statistics" (I have a French version of Powerpoint so this may not be the exact designations)

oxtrans wrote:

Afternoon!

I do need urgent help on this issue. I have to send a quote right now of a powerpoint presentation but Transit XV professional displays a segmentation error while importing. Any ideas to sort it out? How can I get a wordcount from a PPT file?

Thanks a lot.
OSCAR NOGUERAS

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP: Segmentation error when importing PPT

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »