Thread poster: Evi Wollinger

Evi Wollinger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:56
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2006

How do you close a segment that was left opened in Wordfast?
I am sorry for this probably super-simple question, but I have no clue where to look in the manual. Any help would be appreciated, as I can't get past this message. Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:56
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Wordfast will close it Jun 2, 2006

If you have Wf 5.0 or higher and click Start translation Wf will notice the open segment and ask you if you want to close it.
Hope it works!
Regards
Heinrich

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Close it manually Jun 2, 2006

Evi Wollinger wrote:
How do you close a segment that was left opened in Wordfast?

If you have an older version of Wordfast, simply highlight (select) the entire segment (including the purple markers) and press Ctrl+spacebar to change it to ordinary text. Then delete everything except the source text, and then retranslate it using Alt+down.

Evi Wollinger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Samuel and Heinrich... Jun 3, 2006

My wordfast is new, I thought I had the latest version, but it didn't ask me if I wanted to close the segment. It just displayed a message telling me to look for a solution in the manual.
Samuel, I didn't get to try your suggestion, it sounds like it may have worked, though.
The manual - when I finally found it - said to delete wf bookmarks under the insert menu. So I did, that seemed to work, too. Except now I have several open segments, no more messages, though.
For now I am studying the manual - and keeping my fingers crossed, that the file I am working on will "clean up" at all...

John Jory  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Start from scratch Jun 4, 2006

When I started with Wordfast, I sometimes got myself into such a hassle that the simplest solution was to start translating the original document from the beginning.

( I assume you still have a copy of the untranslated doc. I always save my translations under the original name with the ending "(WF).doc").

The TM will take you through the already translated text in no time at all - simply confirm the green translations until you reach the 'problem segment', and continue from there.

HTH John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

closing a segment that was left opened in wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs