Thread poster: portilla

portilla  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:27
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 9, 2006

I have been translating an XML file, but when I try to see the preview of the translated file, I can't, and it also seems that the translated segments are not saved, when I clean the file, it remains in the source language.

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:27
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
No need to clean Jul 9, 2006

If I have understood your problem, how are you cleaning your file? In TagEditor, you:
Save Bilingual As
Save Target As

If Preview doesn't work, that suggests you do not have some .ini file or similar. Have you seen any error messages about missing files?

portilla  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:27
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ini. file requested Jul 10, 2006

I'm cleaning the file in the Workbench. At first it said that the ini file was missing, I requested it and the agency sent it to me. I opened the file with the ini, but I don't see anything on the preview.

[Edited at 2006-07-10 01:03]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 09:27
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
If looking at the XML file is what you want Jul 13, 2006

... then open it in Word. Or notepad.

Of course, if you want to do that in TagEditor, it's a different story. But then again, per default Internet Exporer is associated with the XML extension, so you should be able to see it in the TagEditor.

Well, I did (g) - without the correct (or any) INI file.

regards

smo

[Edited at 2006-07-13 11:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML files and Trados 6.5 Tag Editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs