Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 20, 2006

Hi

I need some advice exporting a DVX project of an excel translation into Trados friendly format which is what the client uses (I prefer to use DVX for my work but have told the client I can provide copy of the project in .txt format). Is it possible to export the project into a .txt file which the client can easily import into a Trados TM?
Would someone kindly give me some (fool proof) instructions as to the steps to follow to do this.

Many thanks in advance.
... See more
Hi

I need some advice exporting a DVX project of an excel translation into Trados friendly format which is what the client uses (I prefer to use DVX for my work but have told the client I can provide copy of the project in .txt format). Is it possible to export the project into a .txt file which the client can easily import into a Trados TM?
Would someone kindly give me some (fool proof) instructions as to the steps to follow to do this.

Many thanks in advance.
Jason.
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TM? Jul 20, 2006

If I understand you correctly, you want to share your TM with your client. In this case, simply export your TM as TMX file. (Unfortunately I don't have DVX on this computer, so I can't give you a step-to-step guide on how to do it. I'd open the TM, choose Export from the File menu and then see where I can find the right option to export as TMX.)

Trados can read and import TMX files, there should be no problem with it at all.

HTH.

Sonja

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:02
English to German
+ ...
It starts with the *.dvmdb file Jul 20, 2006

Your project file has the extension .dvprj
your TM file has the extension .dvmdb
Find this file, open it, and follow the menu/assistant path:

File / Export... / File or Database / Next / Trados WB database / Next / Select... /(enter the name.txt and select a directory where you think you will find it after it will have been exported)

Jason Willis-Lee
Jason Willis-Lee  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Jul 21, 2006

Sonja and Harry, will follow this advice.
Cheer,
Jason.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting a DVX memory into Trados format

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »