Mobile menu

Paradox database files - any experience?
Thread poster: Jan Sundström

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:00
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2006

Hi all,

I've just found out that some files we received from a client are in Paradox database format.

The client tells us to do the translation in DB Commander. I've learnt by Hynek and Vito ( that I can export the text of the database with DBC, translate it with Trados or similar, and re-import it again using DBC.

Is this the best way to do it, or do you know of any CAT tool that supports the Paradox files natively?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 04:00
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
side remark Jul 26, 2006

you will need something going from and into Paradox files. Microsoft Access can read them. but I doubt very much that it creates them as well...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paradox database files - any experience?

Advanced search

Translation news related to CAT tools

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs